A Blackstone griddle is a great way to cook steaks because it evenly distributes heat and creates a crispy crust. When cooking steaks on a Blackstone griddle, it is important to use high-quality meat and to let the steaks rest for at least 10 minutes before cooking. This will help ensure that your steaks are cooked to perfection. So, how to cook steaks on blackstone griddle? Read on to know.
The Best Way to Cook Steaks on a Blackstone Griddle
Step One: Choose the Right Steak
The first step to cooking a great steak is choosing the right meat. When selecting a steak, you should look for something that is well-marbled and at least an inch thick. The extra fat in well-marbled meat will keep the steak juicy, while the thickness will help ensure that it cooks evenly. You can find high-quality steaks at your local butcher or grocery store.
Step Two: Season Your Steak
Once you have chosen your steak, it is time to season it. To properly season a steak, you will need salt, pepper, and olive oil. Start by generously sprinkling salt and pepper on both sides of the steak. Then, rub a little bit of olive oil into the meat with your hands. Be sure to massage it into all of the nooks and crannies so that the seasoning really sinks in.
Step Three: Let It Rest
After seasoning your steak, it is important to let it rest for at least 10 minutes so that the juices can redistribute evenly throughout the meat. If you try to cook a steak immediately after seasoning it, all of the juices will rush to the surface and you will be left with a dry, overcooked steak.
Step Four: Cook Your Steak
Now it’s time to cook your steak! Preheat your Blackstone griddle to 500 degrees Fahrenheit—this will ensure that your steak gets nice and crispy on the outside while remaining juicy on the inside. Once the griddle is heated, place your steak on it and cook for about two minutes per side. Be sure not to overcrowd the griddle, or else your steaks will not cook evenly.
How To Get The Perfect Sear On Your Steak Using A Blackstone Griddle?
The perfect sear on your steak is key to a delicious and juicy steak. Here are some tips on how to get the perfect sear using a Blackstone griddle:
- Preheat your griddle to high heat: You want your griddle to be nice and hot so that when you place your steak on it, it will instantly start to sear.
- Place your steak on the griddle: Make sure that you place your steak in the middle of the griddle so that it gets an even sear.
- Use a little bit of oil: This will help to create a nice crust on your steak.
- Sear for 1-2 minutes per side: You don’t want to overcook your steak, so just sear it for a minute or two per side.
- Remove from heat and let rest: Once you’ve got a nice sear on your steak, remove it from the griddle and let it rest for a few minutes so that the juices can redistribute.